Lolita Blog Carnival: A Book Inspired Coordinate

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival topic is a cute one! We were asked to make a book inspired coordinate. For my coordinate I chose the classic Children's story Madeline. I never had a ton of Madeline books growing up, or even really seen any of the various movies and shows they made about it, but she's always had a special place in my heart.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=103981643

When I was putting this coordinate together, brainstorming what sort of pieces to use in it, I knew that I would find the dress I needed with Innocent World! Their dresses have that cute retro charm that I've come to associate with Madeline over the years, and they often favor more unique jewel tones, rather than pastels, so I knew if I looked hard enough they would have the perfect blue dress. And of course they did! I quickly stumbled across their Clara OP, which I thought was absolutely perfect for a Lolita version of Madeline, especially if you swap out the black ribbon around the collar with a cute red one. I had to make some compromises with this outfit and instead of a bright yellow hat went with a more toned down straw one, but it still has a great big black bow on it with extra long trailing ribbons, it's like this Baby hat was made just for Madeline!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lolitablogcarnival/
I'm not the only one who's blogged about this week's topic! Check out these other posts about Book Inspired Coordinates!
Snow Rose
Alice In Lolitaland

7 comments:

  1. The IW dress fits the Madeline coordinate so well! It looks really nice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great book coord! :D You are really skilled at making the best online photo coords <3 <3 <3 I look at them a lot and use them as inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I loved watching the Madeline cartoons, but I've never thought of creating an outfit like her's, especially not a Lolita one. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic blog extremely good well enjoyed with the incredible informative content
    A Traffic Lawyer Loudoun VA is a legal professional who specializes in handling cases related to traffic offenses and violations within the jurisdiction of Loudoun County, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Madeline-inspired coordinate is absolutely enchanting! The choice of Innocent World's Clara OP captures that charming retro aesthetic perfectly. The blue dress, paired with a cute red ribbon, radiates Madeline's iconic style. The compromise with the straw hat is a clever adaptation, and the Baby hat with the big black bow adds a delightful touch. Overall, your attention to detail and creativity truly bring Madeline to life in this lovely Lolita coordinate!
    Orden Protección Nueva Jersey
    Accused Of Domestic Violence in New Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...